With over 60 years of combined local experience in the structural investigation and geotechnical fields, we can offer a full range of inspection services including:
– Geotechnical inspections and investigations.
– Structural compliance inspections of work under construction.
– Forensic structural investigations and reporting.
Soil Testing and Analysis
Our state of the art laboratory carries out soil testing and reporting including Atterberg testing, linear shrinkage and full range PSD testing.
Site investigations consist of drilling boreholes up to 4.0m deep for material assessment of subsoil layers, soil strata descriptions, soil profiling, and soil sampling.
Earthwork Certification & Compliances
Earthwork certification and compliance may be required prior to, and during, earthworks. Prompt Engineering carries out these inspections on site by compaction testing and/or the drilling of boreholes at random locations to check the soil profile, ground density and compressibility.
In-situ compaction tests are carried out using either of the following:
• Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Test (AS 1289 6.3.2)
• Perth Sand Penetrometer Test (AS 1289 6.3.3)
Our expertly conducted geotechnical assessments can:
• Identify subsurface soil conditions.
• Assess groundwater conditions.