New Generation Homes were looking for something a bit different with their new display home. The Tropicana was designed to make a big, bold statement with it’s striking front elevation, sweeping verandas and skillion roof.
Simple and elegant yet eye-catching and unique, this single storey display home was intended to appeal to the high end residential market.
We were engaged to design a skillion roof with steel construction that would meet this very specific brief.
Whilst not particularly difficult from a technical standpoint, the real challenge with this project was to engineer a skillion roof that would fit in with the rest of the home design and give the building the effect that New Generation Homes were after.
A quick glance at the accolades that The Tropicana earned is proof enough that our roof design contributed to a highly successful display home design. These include:
- WINNER 2017 MBA Best Display Home $260,000 – $295,000
- WINNER 2017 MBA Summit Homes Group Project Builder of the Year
- WINNER 2017 MBA Summit Homes Group Best Customer Service (Project/Volume Builder)
- FINALIST 2017 HIA Excellence in Service, Metro
- FINALIST 2017 HIA Display Home $250,001 – $280,000, Metro
- FINALIST 2017 MBA Best Display Home